Seychelles reopened for commercial flights from 1st August 2020, allowing travel from low and medium risk Category 1 permitted countries. As of 1st October 2020, travellers from permitted high risk Category 2 countries are allowed to visit under specific Special Status restrictions. The lists for both categories are regularly reviewed.
1. Accommodation for all travellers can only be booked at certified establishments.
2. All travellers must apply for a Health Travel Authorisation form 72 hours before the day of their day of departure to Seychelles.
3. All travellers from Category 1 countries must present a negative Covid-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure. All travellers from Category 2 countries must present a negative Covid-PCR test taken within 48 hours of departure.
4. Upon arrival, all travellers must comply with health checks. Travellers displaying symptoms will be isolated and may be tested.
5. Travellers from Category 2 countries must stay for a minimum of six days in a designated establishment, where they will be tested on the sixth day. If they test negative, they may continue with their trip. If positive, they will be required to stay in a designated stay-safe hotel until cleared by the Public Health Authority.
6. Travellers from neither Category 1 nor Category 2 countries may transit through the country as long as they do not leave the airport.
7. Travellers from high-risk countries entering via a Category 1 country will need to have spent 14 days or more in that Category 1 country in order to to enter Seychelles.
Please note that, if required, Journeys by Design will arrange for travellers to be Covid-19 PCR tested in preparation for their return or onward flights.